Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Friends, 24-7 again


I loved yesterday's color combo so much, I had to play with it again!

Today, I was inspired by the card on page 100 of our current SU catalog! I made some small changes, like the colors, and I used distressing alot on edges. What do you think?

RECIPE

Stamps: Friends 24-7
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, and Mellow Moss (+small piece of dsp)
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo and Very Vanilla
Embellishments: Hat pin and beads from the Pretties Kit, Button from Latte package, 1/2" Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon in Melon Mambo, Linen thread, Distressing Tool, 1" circle punch.

I learned about the little button embellishment from a super amazing stamper, MICHELLE WOODERSON. You can find out more about her here!

I really love these vintage looking colors together and might have to use them again tomorrow. Stay tuned!!!


3 comments:

Christina said...

I really really like this card! I love the texture and all of the details! The damasks are beautiful with the two-tone color!

Terri E. said...

Love your layers of color and the distressed look. The hat pins are a great accent as well. Awesome job on Dawn's color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the vintage look! :)

My Creations