Thursday, August 13, 2009

Creative Thanks!

Today, I was sad because I don't have the new Medallion background stamp and everyone is making such amazing cards with it. So, I sat here just drooling and oogling all these great cards. Then it occurred to me that I might be able to improvise that awesome look!

With the help of my trusty little post-it notes, I was able to create a similar look using the Bella Toile background stamp. Here is my card.

Again, I am loving those little button flowers so I had to incorporate those into this card. I punched the circles from cardstock and dsp, crumpled them up really good, and then roughed up the edges a bit more and inked them with little sponge daubers. I sewed the button on, using linen thread and a large darning needle.

RECIPE

Stamps: Bella Toile and sentiment from Fresh Cuts
Ink: Crushed Curry and Dusty Durango
Paper: Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry and Dusty Durango, plus small circle of dsp
Embellishments: 1/2" Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon in Dusty Durango, Button from Latte bunch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, Modern Label punch and matching Movers and Shapers Die piece, distressing tool and linen thread.

On a personal note:
We had the most amazing storm late last night, bringing rain, lightning, and a whole lot of thunder! It was still going strong when I got up, though the rain had mostly let up. My yard needed that drink badly as my sprinkler system is down once again. Hopefully, I'll have it back up and running this weekend!
And hurray for the weekend! I've survived my first week of work as an elementary school nurse's assistant! Sure is a change from the high school, but I am loving it alot!!!
Have a great weekend and come on back! I'll have more posts!!! :)

4 comments:

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Turned out Gorgeous Susan!! Good job making do with what you had!! That's what I am doing for Fall and Christmas workshops... using my "current OLD" stamps and adding embellishments!!

Vivian Swain said...

Dear Susan (downline),

I want to see a remake of this card when you recieve Medallion stamp set in a couple of days. I can't let you be so sad so I wanted to cheer you up. I hope you will stamp with joy soon.

Hugs,

Vivian Swain

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Oh Susan, Your card is lovely, and I am glad Vivian is sending you one! Don't be sad, I know I feel the same way many times, and then think there are many people that go without food/shelter and cloths and I am here sad because I don't have the latest stamp set! Cheer up and you will get some sales soon! wee prayers going your way! Hugs always!

Michelle said...

Your card is beautiful. I didn't know you could sew :-)

My Creations