Friday, July 31, 2009

Christmas in July

This week's challenge at Yahoo StampinUpLNStampers Group
is to create a card using current Stampin'Up products for
a "Christmas in July" card!

I awoke with an idea in my head, and this is the result!

I wanted a "country" look to my card so I started with Kraft card stock. I stamped many images on velum so I could see where I would actually stamp my images on my card front. Then I used a few of those velum images to mask areas so I could stamp over those images.

RECIPE

Stamps: A Flower For All Seasons, and sentiment from Home For Christmas
Paper: Kraft, Very Vanilla, and Dusty Durango
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango, and Old Olive
Embellishments: Soft Suede Polka Dot 1/2" Grosgrain Ribbon, Modern Label Punch and matching die from Movers and Shapers Pieces. I also used my Stamp-a-ma-jig, Stampin' Dimensionals, and Crystal Effects.

3 comments:

Charlotte Cook said...

What an awesome card! Love the CE on the flowers & cardinal. Did you use markers to ink up those parts of the stamps? TFS!
Charlotte

Susan Shields said...

Yes, Charlotte,
I used my markers to color in the poinsettias and cardinal! And I used my chocolate chip marker to ink up the poinsettias for the wreath, making sure I didn't ink the pot that is part of that stamp.

Bev said...

Susan, I love this card. I love we use part of a stamp to make something so totally different. This is beautiful. TFS

My Creations