Monday, June 15, 2009

A new challenge!

Here is the new challenge sketch, posted on Stamping 411!

I like participating in these challenges because it really helps me feel more "comfortable" in my card making skills. It gives me a base to work with....the layout. I simply pick the stamp se
t, colors I want to work with, and embellishments.

This sketch was pretty basic, however, you don't have to be limited by that. If you go to the Stamping 411 webpage, you will see many versions of this same layout, each unique and original!



I also found a color challenge here at











Making a good card better, only requires a little extra TLC.

A few extra layers, good color combinations, and of course, the embellishments!

Pay attention to details!

Be sure your edges are clean and straight.
Ragged edges means a dull cutting blade. Be sure to swap out your dull blades for new ones when this happens.

When using ribbon, snip the ends of your ribbons at the same angle on both ends! Be sure they are not frayed.

Always make sure your bow or knot is beautiful!

Line up your brads using a ruler. I like using the paper piercer tool, that comes in the Tool Kit. It is much easier to use than the hand punch.

6 comments:

Purple D said...

You listened to your own sentiment and were original!

Love your card!

Susan said...

Nice take on both the sketch and color challenge!

Krista Driessen said...

Great job !

Patti Chesky said...

Great job with the challenge!!! Thanks for playing along with us!!

Terri E. said...

Wonderul use of by definition stamp set. Fabulous job on the color combo!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Connie said...

Very cute card... Great job with the sketch this week!

My Creations