Sunday, June 14, 2009

Look What I've Been Doing!





Box #1

20 pounds of fresh California Apricots!!







Box #3 and 4

20 pounds
plus
20 pounds


equal

60 pounds of fresh California Apricots


What do you do with 60 pounds of fresh apricots???

Make Apricot Preserves!

Both my grandmothers were known for their cooking and canning! I am proud to say, I learned how to cook and can from them!

My Grandma Scott was also known for her cobblers and apricot bars!
She had apricot trees in her back yard and I have memories of climbing up in those trees to help pick them!

I try to make a couple of cases of apricots for my father! It makes him very happy and reminds him of his childhood! I won't disappoint him this year! We will be toting 2 cases of these yummy jars to him next month when we visit!

Would you like a lip-smacking, yummy apricot recipe???



Grandma's Apricot Bars (dated 1965)

Mix together in a bowl:
1 -1/2 c. sifted flour
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
Stir in:
1- 1/2 c. oatmeal (uncooked)

In a separate bowl, cream together:
3/4 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar

Combine your sugar/butter mixture with your flour/oatmeal mixture and mix until crumbly.
Press 2/3rds of this into the bottom of a greased 9X13" pan.
Spread 2 cups of apricot preserves over this and then top with remaining crumb mixture.

Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
Cool, (if you can wait) and cut into bars! Enjoy!

4 comments:

Busym1 said...

The recipe sounds soooo good! Thank you for sharing it! I may just have to make some! hugs, michelle

MsOktober said...

All I can say is.....YUM!

Michelle said...

yum.!
are you exhausted yet?

wscpadme said...

Brittney and I are going to try this recipe out tonight!!! Sounds delish!

My Creations