Saturday, June 27, 2009

DCBD Color Challenge #132 Second card

This is my second card using the color combinations for Diva Coffee Break Design Challenge #132. You can see my first card here. Both cards are nearly the same, just a couple of subtle differences. I added paper piercing to this one, eliminated the buttons, and brought the sentiment to the front. These are my first water color technique cards to be posted. I used the ink from our stamp pads pressed into the lids of the stamp pad and our water color pens on water color paper. If you use regular card stock, the water will make the paper come apart.

RECIPE

Stamps: Lovely Flower Bundle (new hostess set)
Ink: Bashful Blue, Night of Navy and Always Artichoke
Paper: Night of Navy, Always Artichoke, Kraft, Very Vanilla and Watercolor paper.
Embellishments: 1-3/8 and 1-1/4 circle punches, Always Artichoke 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Big Shot Texturz plates, and Paper Piercing Tool.

*Remember the 60 pounds of apricots? It took me 3 full days to get them all preserved! Lot's of work, but oh boy, are they worth it! When I spoke with my father and he asked what I was up to, I replied that I was working on a huge project. Immediately he said "Apricots"? He knows me too well! I'll be taking two cases of these yummy jars to him when we visit in 10 days!

No comments:

My Creations