Monday, May 25, 2009

Summer Time Fun!


The Challenge this week is an EASY one.....make a card using a Summertime Theme!!! It can be anything from camping, picnics, vacations, beachy, bbq's........you get the jist!

Share your creation with us on LNStampersconvention09 a yahoo group, (which is open to everyone and offers support, ideas, and encouragement!) or share your creations with me, and I'll post them here on my blog!
Recipe

Stamps: Just Beachy and Enjoy Every Moment
Ink: Stazon Black, Chocolate Chip, Versa Mark, and SU Stampin'Write Markers: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, and Regal Rose
Paper: Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie and Whisper White
Embellishments: 3/4" Circle Punch, Designer Flower Brad, Gel Pen, Embossing Powder, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Ribbon: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip.

3 comments:

Shiozaki Beach girls said...

love those little popsicles! I want to do a card like this! I think you did such a great job coloring in all the yummy popsicles!

Killam Creative said...

Hi Susan,
I found your blog through LNSConventions09 yahoo group. I love this card! I am relatively new to card making and have a technique question for you: how did you get the outline of "enjoy" so perfectly embossed? Did you use a superfine embossing powder? Is the Staz-On?

I wipe the embossing area with a knit sack filled with cornstarch to keep strays away, but I've never been able to get such a clean line. Would greatly appreciate a hint or two.

Thanks so much!
Susan

Susan Shields said...

IN ANSWER TO THE QUESTION ABOVE....I FIRST STAMPED ENJOY WITH CHOCOLATE CHIP AND IMMEDIATELY STAMPED AGAIN WITH VERSAMARK...USING MY STAMP-A-MA-JIG! THAT ENSURES THAT YOU STAMP EXACTLY WHERE YOU WANT TO. I USED CLEAR EMBOSSING POWDER.

I HOPE THAT HELPS!

My Creations