Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Something Froggy!

A friend asked if I could make a frog card similar to one she had received in the mail. Her card simply had a frog image. Immediately I thought about all our wonderful punches! 

My grandson helped me with the placement of the eyes. We tried them in several different directions, and he finally chose this, so that the eyes were feasting on our little flies! 

This was fun to make and a definite "out of my box" card! But card making is supposed to be fun, right?





Recipe
Stamps:
Ink: Basic Black Versa Mark
Paper: Kraft, Brocade Blue, Garden Green, Real Red, Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Vellum and Whisper White.
Embellishments: Large Oval Punch, Oval Punch, Large Circle Punch, 1/2" circle punch, Crop-a-dile punch for small circles, Slit punch for mouth, Flower punch for toes, 1/4" black grosgrain ribbon.




2 comments:

Chriserendipity said...

Susan, this is an adorable card! I think the eye placement makes the card so darn cute! What did you use to make those flies?

Chris in Calgary, AB. Canada
chriserendipity@shaw.ca

Susan Shields said...

The flies were made with a small flower outline stamp, (and I cannot find the set it belongs to for some reason), stamped with black ink onto vellum. The stamp I used was only a top half of a flower, and I folded that in half. I drew a little body along the fold, and glued it onto my card. I hope this explanation helps.

My Creations