Friday, April 17, 2009

Fabulous Hodgepodge Bookmark!


Have you seen the beautiful bookmarks being made using our gorgeous ribbons and such? 

Well, I decided to give it a try and here is what I came up with.  Don't you just love it? Of course I had to make mine in blue, my favorite color!

1. I started with one raised dot designer holder from the Hodgepodge Hardware Kit, in Styled Vanilla. 
2. I Cut a length of Brocade Blue 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon and looped it thru the bottom of the holder and used the accompanying brad to hold it in place.
You can see a little tail that hangs from behind.
3. Next I stamped the background image of words from Rustic Rooster,
 a hostess set, in Brocade Blue,  on a piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock, stamping off once.  I then stamped my image of flowers from the Friends 24-7 stamp set. I colored the flowers in using ink from the lids of Brocade Blue and Mellow Moss,  and a blender pen.
4. I cut out out my image using the Designer Label Punch. I also punched out a piece from Brocade Blue, for the backing, and a piece of stiff plastic. I used the plastic from discarded glue stick packaging. (Yes, I'm a bit of a scavenger, but I like to think of it as being green!) The punched piece of plastic will serve as the cover, being placed over my stamped image, and backed with the brocade blue cardstock piece. 
5. I used Crystal Effects and placed a nice beading around the inside of my metal hardware piece and carefully put in my 3 layers, the plastic piece, the stamped piece and the blue piece. I applied another bead of Crystal Effects around the edges on the back side now and used 2 binder clips to hold it all in place while the glue dried.
6. Lastly, I added a Very Vanilla Ribbon Slide, from the Hodgepodge Hardware Kit to the end of my ribbon and cut it diagonally. I applied a very small amount of Crystal Effects to the ribbon end to help prevent fraying.

Wouldn't these make beautiful gifts???

Recap of supplies

Stamps: Rustic Rooster and Friends 24-7
Ink: Brocade Blue and Basic Black
Paper: Very Vanilla and Brocade Blue
Embellishments: Brocade Blue 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware Designer Dot Holder, brads and ribbon slide, Designer Label Punch, Crystal Effects, and stiff plastic.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

This is so cute. I am still using the ugly one we made at convention. I'll have to add this to my 'gotta do it' list.
love and kisses,
m

Audrey said...

This is a beautiful bookmark! Thanks for sharing!!!

My Creations