Monday, April 20, 2009

Delicate and Lovely Ribbon Necklace!

This is another idea I had, using the same Hodgepodge Hardware as I did in my previous post for the bookmark. This time I made a lovely necklace, perfect for a Mother's Day present!

Using jump rings, I placed one at the top and the other thru the brad hole in the bottom. I threaded enough Bashful Blue 1/4" grosgrain ribbon thru the top jump ring to make a nice length necklace and tied it off.

On the bottom, I took a 1.5" jewelry head pin, threaded a tiny blue bead from the Bead Duo kit, (to prevent the larger beads from falling off), and assorted clear beads from the Pretties Kit. Once I was happy with the combination of beads, I formed a small loop at the top with jewelry pliers and hooked it onto the split ring.

 A little tip! It always pays to make a few extra of whatever you are making. You never know what inspiration you will get to make something different!


I hope you are enjoying these as much as I enjoy making them!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

aren't you a clever girl!

My Creations