Friday, March 20, 2009

Taking your cards to another level


Earlier today I posted this card using the rocket stamp from SU's Pun Fun stamp set.

I thought I would share how I made some minor improvements to my card to give it a little extra pizzaz!

While this look may have been just fine as it was, I thought it just needed something more!














So, I brightened it up a bit using my computer's photo help. But I also added two more layers of cardstock using Bashful Blue and Real Red. That helped my main image and focal point "POP"! 

For additional interest I added three red brads which I also "POPPED" up by using our 1/2" circle punch and the crop-a-dile in Only Orange and Bashful Blue cardstock.

These additional elements turned this card from being okay and nice, to Wow!

What do you think? 

There are so many fun ways to add more interest to your cards, that are also easy and inexpensive! I'd love to see what you are making! Send me a link to your blog, or email me with your designs and I might post them here on my blog! 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What an excellent job! The rocket sure does pop with the extra layers.

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

I love this! This is one of my favorite sets, and I hardly ever use it. I really need to pull it out and dust it off!

Thanks for visiting my blog, so i could find yours!

My Creations