Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Easter, a Joyful Occassion!


Today's card is for this week's Latenightstampersconvention2008-09 challenge. We were given a basic layout to follow.
(If you are a demo and would like to join this yahoo group, we welcome you! We are a very active and supportive group, who challenge and encourage each other! There are so many talented ladies who care about each other and help each other succeed! Come and rub elbows with us!!!)


Recipe
Stamps: Boho Blooms Background Stamp
Paper: Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Almost Amethyst, and Pink Pirouette. The butterflies were made from textured cardstock in same colors. Tea Party designer series paper.
Ink: Almost Amethyst and Versa Mark
Embellishments: Heat and Stick Powder and Dazzling Diamonds, Sizzlits decorative strip die Join in the Cheer, Bigz die Beautiful Butterflies, Eyelet Border punch, Trio Flower punch, Pretty in Pink Taffeta ribbon, Pink Rhinestone Brad, and the stamen from Pretties Kit.


First I stamped my certainly celery cardstock with the Boho Blooms background stamp using Versa Mark ink. This give the subtle floral background image.
Next I cut two pieces of cardstock, one So Saffron and one Almost Amethyst 5 1/4 X 3”. I used the Eyelet Border punch along one side of each, adjusting the pattern so they could be layered. Once I positioned them the way I wanted them, I glued them together.
Next I cut a piece of “Tea Party” designer series paper and layered that on. I cut a strip of ribbon and used snail adhesive to glue it in place. I taped the ends down in back with regular tape. Now I glued my layers to my card.
Moving to my Sizzix machine, I cut out the small butterflies from my new “Beautiful Butterflies” die!!! I am loving this die, because I don’t have to hand cut those little designs now! I also cut out the “Join in the Cheer” strip and carefully cut the words apart so I could use just the word “Joy”. It was a toss up between “Peace” and “Joy” but “Joy” fit better in the given space! I used the Almost Amethyst stamp pad to add color to my Joy.
I stamped the butterflies with the Boho Blossoms background stamp using versa mark, applied the Heat and Stick powder, heat it with my heat tool and applied the dazzling diamonds. Again, I used the heat tool to “set” the dazzling diamonds.
Lastly, I brushed the edges of each butterfly with the corresponding ink color using a sponge dauber, to add shadowing to their wings.

For the antennae, I removed the stamen from the small flowers in the “Pretties Kit”. Since both ends needed the little ball tip, I had to create ones on the opposite sides. I used Crystal Effects and just dabbed it onto the end and carefully turned it until it hardened so it wouldn’t drip off. Once this dried I used my white craft ink pad to color them to match. I just tied them around the body of the butterfly and applied them to my card using dimensionals.

I wanted to pull out the flower design from the “Tea Party” designer series paper, so I punched out two flowers using the “Trio Flower” punch. I inked the edges with So Saffron using a sponge dauber, layered and glued them together and onto the card with Tombo glue. Lastly, I glued on the rhinestone brad!

This card was more labor intensive than most I have made, but the results were worth it!!! What do you think? I hope you like it!!!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me!

1 comment:

Mary Campbell said...

Hi Susan. This is the card that is on Sherrill's blog. It is beautiful. All your cards are beautiful. I am going to check out all your cards! Now!

My Creations