Friday, March 13, 2009

Distressing Challenge

This is my entry for this weeks Challenge on the latenightstampersconvention200809 yahoo group! I'd love to invite you to join us! You don't have to be a Demo! This is one of the best groups of stampers out there and we share our talents, and so much more!

The challenge for week #10 was to create a "distressed" or aged card. I enjoyed working on this one and hope you like it! Here are the details:

Stamps: Friends 24-7 and Friendly Words Wheel
Paper: Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Embellishments: 5/8” Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Vanilla Hodgepodge and distressing tool kit.

I wheeled Friendly Words in Chocolate Chip on my card base. My next layer is Chocolate Chip. For my third layer I took a sheet of Mellow Moss and crumpled it up! I had to smoosh it together and pound it alot! I never knew how stiff our cardstock was until I did this. Next I held it under the faucet and got it wet. I opened it up and laid it flat to dry. I did use my steam iron to help flatten it out a little before cutting it to size. I distressed the cut edges slightly.
I stamped my bird on Very Vanilla using Chocolate Chip and lightly colored some of the image with our colored pencils. I crumpled it up slightly, distressed the edges, and added ink smudges with the Choc. chip ink pad. I layered this on Choc. Chip cardstock.
The words were also stamped on Very Vanilla and smudged with Choc. Chip ink pad, and mounted behind the hodgepodge hardware. I assembled that over my ribbon and adhered all my layers together. Lastly, I distressed the metal hardware by slightly smudging it with the ink pad and used my heat tool to dry the ink.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Holly said...

This is gorgeous! Love the frayed edges and the dtp distressing on the background layer. The bird is so soft and lovely and vintage-y.

Thanks for your post on my blog! :-)

My Creations