Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A new technique! Glitter Window

Today while blogging, I came across a new technique and just had to try it! Here's a "Shout Out" to Renee Van Stralen, and her blog: Stamping for Sanity! You can check out her card by clicking on her blog name. Thank you Renee for graciously responding to my inquiry and sharing your directions with me!

Here is my card!

Paper: Real Red, Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla and Candy Lane DSP

Stamps: Love You Much and Holidays & Wishes

Ink: Real Red and Chocolate Chip

Embellishments: Red Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Heart to Heart Punch and Dazzling Diamonds!

To make the glitter window, first you punch out your images. Next you place a lighter piece of card stock behind the one you have punched out. You will stamp your images on that.
On your punched out piece, you apply clear packaging tape to the back side, sticky side facing out (front). Apply dazzling diamonds to the exposed sticky tape, and carefully tap to remove all the excess glitter.  Assemble your pieces with stamped images showing thru the glittered tape piece.






I'm hoping you can click on this second photo to see the glittery effect!



2 comments:

Renée said...

that's really cute, Susan! Love the layout, love the colours!! Thanks for poppin' in my blog :)

Wanda. said...

Just FABULOUS!!! I LOVE all the red and the glitter!!! TFS

My Creations