Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bear-ly a Manly Valentine's Card


On the latenightstampersconvention2008-2009 yahoo group, we were challenged to create a "manly" valentine's card. Well, those of you who know me, know I have a warped sense of humor. I could really have a lot of fun with this challenge between the "worm" from Bugs and Kisses or the "little stinker" (skunk) from Pun Fun! I also thought about that little "toad" in A Flower From All Seasons and those "smelly old fish" from On the Fly!

I know, I have some serious issues!!! I admit it!

So, I am playing it safe, and chose that great big hairy, okay, and cuddly bear from Under the Stars!

I know there are others out there that can relate! Right???


Recipe
Stamps: Under the Stars, Sprinkles, Many Happy Returns, and Party Hearty
Ink: Black Stazon and Riding Hood Red
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Barely Banana, Choc. Chip and Candy Lane DSP
Embellishments: Linen Thread, Apricot Appeal Grosgrain ribbon, Alpine Brown Felt Ribbon, Hodgepodge hardware and Real Red Brads.

Letter on the hearts were first stamped a couple times from the "celebrate you" circle from Party Hearty. Then I punched out the letters with the new Heart to Heart Punch, using the smallest heart. 
The bear was also stamped twice, once on the brown DSP and once on the yellow DSP. I cut both out and used the belly and mouth from the yellow paper to put onto the brown bear. The small hearts were glued to the linen thread with glue dots. 
I masked one of the stamps from Many Happy Returns to stamp my sentiment!

Wha-la! There you have it! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me!!!

4 comments:

Dee Tollaksen said...

Awesome card. Gotta love the bear--and lots of creative thinking for the banner!

Tana said...

I just love this bear. It's one of the cutest cards that I've seen done with this stamp set. I totally love the heart letter banner that he is holding! Great Job! Thanks for sharing, Tana

Luv 2 Cre8 With U said...

Your card is so cute. I love the bear, but I also like how you made the hearts drape across the front of him. Great job.

Michelle said...

where are the pictures of the pup!! He needs to be featured :-)

My Creations