Thursday, April 24, 2008

Susan's ASK Frame

One of the hardest things about creating and maintaining a blog is having ideas to put in it. Well, my room is running over with ideas, projects, creations and such, but until now, they used a variety of products from here, there and everywhere. I want, well need, to stick to SU. So, as I browsed thru my things, I found I was pretty limited. So, I put in another nice order and just got it! I supplied myself with lot's of cs, embellishments, designer papers, and bling to get crackin'.

In the meantime, I'll tell you about my ASK frame.

I started with a decorative frame I found at wallyworld. When I opened the back I realized it was a one piece backing that hinged out so you could change out the lovely store photo for one of your own. I liked that it was thick like chipboard. I used my exacto knife and cut the hinged back off, and used that as the base of my idea. Using a small foam brush, I applied a thin coat of modpodge to the backing and layed out my 2 pieces of Porceline Prints DP. Next, I used sticky tape and taped down a piece of coordinating Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon. After determining what size my three word boxes would be, I used the computer to print out the small print. Next I stamped the letters A, S, K using Well Worn Alphabet in Blue Bayou. I love the berries from our hostess set, Infinite Goodness, and randomly stamped them using Wild Wasabi. I came back and picked up Blue Bayou with my blender pen to color in the berries and sponge the edges. To finish these three boxes I used pewter brads and layered them on Wild Wasabi and Blue Bayou CS. There you have it!
Oh, and by the way, I'd like to give credit where credit is due! I found the source of my inspiration on Splitcoaststampers some time ago. I had to browse back until I found the original poster,
jsthek6. Didn't she do a wonderful job?

Thank you for looking,

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love this! You are so creative, keep up the amazing work!

Chrissy

Wanda. said...

This is the most beautiful monogram framed art I've seen yet!! I LOVE it!!

My Creations