Monday, April 21, 2008

SU Carousel Notes


I was finally able to work with the new Carousel Notes everyone has been talking about. They are listed in the Occasions Mini Collection 2008 catalog. I needed Mother's Day ideas, and also love the new Afternoon Tea DP listed in that catalog as well. Putting the two together worked well. What do you think?


I chose two different patterns of paper and cut a round circle from each one. I then cut those circles in half. Using one half circle from each pattern, I glued them onto the Carousel Note. I used Groovy Guava Double Stitched Ribbon to hide the middle line, holding it down with sticky tape.
TIP: Take two separate pieces of ribbon and tie your bow, (as you would your shoe laces), you can trim the bow ends, glue the ribbon down, placing the bow where it looks best, and lastly glue down each end. This way you aren't struggling to tie a bow and getting it exactly where you want it!
For the sentiment, I used the Happy Mother's Day stamp from the All Holidays set in black. Using my blender pen, I picked up ink from Groovy Guava and Wild Wasabi ink pads to ink one flower from the Close As A Memory stamp set, stamping that over the top of my sentiment. I layered my sentiment onto Groovy Guava CS, and used Dimensionals to make it pop. Lastly, I added a small drop of stickles to the flower for a little "bling".
Thank you for looking,

2 comments:

Stamping Moments said...

Well done susan, Your Blog looks fantastic and those cards are beautiful, love the colours. Jenny x

Vivian Swain said...

Very nice and love the vintage look of your quilt card.

Vivian Swain

My Creations