Sunday, April 20, 2008

My first post!


GREETINGS! And welcome to my blog!
I am very nervous about this, but know I am not the only one to ever feel this way about starting! So, what the heck, I'm jumping in with both feet and getting my head wet!


So, here's my first card! Let me tell you from the start, this one really caught my eye. I cased it from Moonlight Inker . I didn't have the jumbo eyelets so I improvised with my ribbon.

Recipe:
Stamps: Embrace Life and All Holidays
Ink: Black StazOn, VersaMark, Groovy Guava and Ruby Red SU Marker
Paper: River Rock, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Ginger Blossom DP and Vellum
Extras: Gold EP, Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, and a Rhinestone Brad for bling!
I sponged groovy guava on all edges. I used my blender pen to color in the flowers with groovy guava and added shading with ruby red. I layered two flowers stamped on vellum, and colored in using a blender pen.

Thank you for looking,


4 comments:

Vivian Swain said...

This is a gorgeous card and I may have to case it too. I love your new blog.

Congratulations on your first post.

Hugs,

Vivian Swain

Michelle said...

Yay Susan!!
Welcome to the blogging world. Now get all those pictures up so we can all oogle them! Loving your first post, keep up the great work.
Michelle

Chrissy said...

Your card is gorgeous. Your blog looks great, you have no need to be nervous. Welcome to the blogging world, it's a lot of fun. Keep up the great work!

Chrissy

Reality Show Reject said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love this card and I might be casing it myself as I just received this set! I'm glad my rambling made you laugh. Sometimes when I read it back it makes me laugh too that I can be so silly! I'm gonna bookmark you so I can visit you often! I'm gonna try to start crafting so check back often. Well, as often as you think I'll be crafty...that could be nevah!!!

My Creations